Research & Insights
We act as both a disseminator and incubator for educational research in Canada.
We share and shine light on issues that impact Canada's public education system and its many stakeholders.
In 2009-2010 there were 5,077,021 students enrolled in public elementary and secondary schools – 15% of Canada’s population
- There are approximately 15,500 schools in Canada
- 65% of Canadian students pursue post-secondary education, 35% enter the workforce immediately after high school
- The dropout rate for boys is 10.3% compared to 6.6% for girls
About Research and Insight
We endeavour to identify and search for solutions to Canada’s education challenges. This includes identifying opportunities for enhancements to the education system, identifying public policy gaps, and creating opportunities for researchers to work with school boards. Over the past 20 years, we have worked in the areas of enhancing resilience, engaging vulnerable students and supporting school-to-work transitions. We are constantly working to identify new methods and resources to support Canadian students.
The types of research we bring to you:
- Business education partnerships
- Education public policy
- Resilience building in Canadian schools
- Supporting vulnerable communities
- The early years
- Family and community engagement strategies
- Aboriginal programs
- Innovative schools
- School-to-work transitions
- International education practice
- Technology in schools
- Student engagement
- Career education
Learn more about our Upcoming Research Projects