Supervisory Officers Program
The Ontario Supervisory Officers of Education Program on Leadership and Management
The Ontario Supervisory Officer Executive Program on Leadership and Management is designed to encompass leadership and relationship development and address management issues that are common to all supervisory officers. Role-specific management development issues for business, operation and human resources are also addressed.
The Learning Partnership developed this program in collaboration with the Council of Directors of Ontario (CODE), Ontario Public Supervisory Officials’ Association (OPSOA), Ontario Catholic Supervisory Officers’ Association (OCSOA) in association with the Joseph L. Rotman School of Business, at the University of Toronto.
The Ontario Supervisory Officers’ Executive Program on Leadership and Management has successfully completed five series of the program since it started in July of 2007. In total, 144 Supervisory Officers have registered for the program, creating an extensive network of alumni across the province of Ontario. Periodically, alumni programs are offered to bring former participants back to renew their connection with the school of Business and their colleagues. A sixth series of this program is scheduled to begin in December of 2013.
Why is this Initiative Important for Education in Ontario?
Supervisory Officers are key leaders in the executive ranks of school districts who:
- Interpret the operational implications of Ministry of Education and school district education strategy
- Lead and manage a drive for district-wide education improvement
- Are the primary source of future Directors of Education, and must have the capacity to capture the minds and hearts of all the diverse interests in their communities
- Recognize and embrace the necessary innovations and systemic and personal changes that are fundamental to achieving education improvement
- Must be attuned to the high level of transparency and accountability demanded of public sector institutions
- Exercise the financial and human resource management skills to successfully perform in complex public sector enterprises
Who Should Attend?
The program features unique forums for advanced collaborative dialogue with public and private sector leaders and is designed for individuals who are:
- Currently in the role of Director of Education
- Have at least one year of experience in an Ontario Supervisory Officer or equivalent functional business management position
- Regarded by Supervisory Officers to have the potential to soon be Education Directors
To learn more about the program contact:
Director of Executive Leadership Programs
Phone: 416.440 5108