Leading Learning Through Technology
(formerly Round Table on Technology)
Over the past year the Leading Learning Through Technology has hosted breakfast meetings on the following topics:
- “21st Century Literacies: Leading and Supporting Exemplary Practices" this full day event focused on innovative leadership and the sharing of evidence-based practices that enhance student engagement and achievement.
- "Managing Social Media Issues for Educational Leaders" Boards with social media policies shared the work they are doing to develop and implement these policies and address issues around safety and appropriate educational value.
- "CIO Forum: What's Trending in ICT" Panelists from the Peel District School Board provided their perspectives on ICT Policy Development and such trends as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), sharing their experience with implementation of new ICT trends.
- "Is There Really an App for That?" Students and staff from four Boards of Education demonstrated various uses of technology that engage students and challenge our traditional views of the classroom.
- “Social Media - the Why's and the How's" The Learning partnership and the York Region District School Board hosted a webinar featuring teachers Royan Lee and Laura Suppa who shared examples of how they use social media tools in innovative ways to engage students.
- "CIO Forum: Classroom 2020 in the Cloud" CIO's and Senior Managers discussed the challenges of ensuring security while supporting teachers and students in the application of cloud computing in the classroom. Co-hosted by the York Region Catholic District School Board.
- "Career Opportunities in ICT" Paul Swinwood presented the latest research from the Information Communications Technology Council (ICTC) on the future ICT job market over the next five years.
Other Leading Learning Through Technology Events
Mini-Summits for professional development:
- Social Media in Education - Exemplary Practices
- Women in Technology Careers
- CIO Solutions
- Girls and Information Technology
- 21 Century Communication
- What's New and Exciting?
- Careers in IT
- Online Mentoring
- The Environmental Impact of Computers
- Digital Content to Support Online Communities
Video Conferencing to Extend the Classroom
Other Optional Services
The Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Leadership Institute
The ICT Leadership Institute has been designed specifically for educational leaders to encourage ICT as a tool to improve student achievement and engagement in learning. Leaders participate in a two-part program designed to provide opportunities for learning from experts and sharing best practices among a variety of boards. The Institute will be offered as required to meet demands from a variety of Ontario school boards.
ICT Strategic Planning: Consultation and Facilitation
The Leading Learning through Technology team can offer a range of assistance, advice, and support for educational systems including focus groups, strategic planning, and customized frameworks for using ICT effectively. This team of experienced educators has successfully worked with boards to consult with stakeholders, develop strategic plans, create new synergies amongst staff, and jointly build realistic, achievable solutions for improving student achievement through the use of ICT.
For more information please contact:
Director of Technology Strategy